- What is needed to send a parcel from Lithuania
In order to send a package, you need:
- 2prepare information in Latin letters about the sender and the recipient: surname, first name, e-mail address, phone number, residential address (for the sender), branch number, post office or full address of the recipient in Ukraine
- 4prepare the shipment with the help of the customer service representative
- 5pay for the cost of transportation in accordance with the tariff and, if necessary, for additional services (for example, packaging). The tariff does not include the cost of customs duties
- What is the cost of parcel delivery to Ukraine
- What is the delivery time for the parcel to Ukraine
The delivery time of a parcel from Lithuania to Ukraine is not less than 5 days.
- How can the recipient receive the package in Ukraine
- 2Delivered by courier to the recipient's address
- 3In an automated parcel locker
To receive the shipment, it is sufficient to have the number of the express waybill, the original passport of a citizen of Ukraine / international passport or a phone number with the number specified in the waybill.
- In what form should I provide the parcel which is to be sent
The parcel which is being sent must be handed over in an open form; in accordance with international transportation requirements, Nova Post employees must check the contents of the parcel for any prohibited goods. Nova Post employees have the right to open an already packed package for inspection purposes. The exception is factory packaging.
- In which case will my parcel not be accepted for delivery
Your parcel will not be accepted for shipment if it contains prohibited items (for a complete list of prohibited items for shipment).
There are also restrictions on the weight and dimensions of the parcel: up to 30 kg, the total of the sides should not exceed 150 cm, and the length of the largest side should not exceed 120 cm, including packaging.
It is forbidden to send the same attachments from one sender to one recipient (commercial shipment). Examples of a commercial shipment: 3 phones, 4 watches, 3 fishing rods, 5 photo albums, etc.
- What is the largest size by type of shipment which can be shipped to Ukraine
Documents: length up to 35 cm, width up to 25 cm, thickness up to 2 cm, actual weight up to 1 kg.
Parcels: actual and volumetric weight up to 30 kg, maximum side up to 120 cm, total of all sides up to 150 cm.
Cargo: actual and volumetric weight from 31 kg to 1,000 kg, length up to 300 cm, width and height up to 170 cm.
- Why is it important to correctly indicate the declared value of the parcel
The amount of the declared value affects customs payments which may be charged after crossing the Ukrainian border. The declared value must be equal to the market value of the parcel. If the declared value of the parcel does not correspond to its true value, this may lead to the delay of the parcel at the border, reevaluation and the imposition of customs duties based on the real value of the shipment.
- Who pays for the sending of the parcel
The cost of delivery and additional services is paid by the sender. In the event that customs duties are charge, they are paid by the recipient.
- What happens to my parcel at customs
Each parcel is subject to detailed inspection at customs. If the customs officials find prohibited goods in the parcel, the parcel will be disposed of or sent back at the expense of the sender.
If the declared value of a parcel being sent to Ukraine is greater than €150, it is subject to import duty in the amount of 10% of the excess of €150 and VAT in the amount of 20% of the value of the shipment over €150.
If the declared value of a parcel being sent to Lithuania is greater than €45, it is subject to VAT at the rate of 21% and customs duties, the rates of which are determined subject the nature of the goods.
- How are customs duties paid in Ukraine
Customs payments (for parcels with a declared value of more than €150) are paid by the recipient of the parcel. The recipient is contacted by a Nova Poshta representative at the phone number or e-mail provided. The consignee needs to provide the customs broker with a power of attorney and provide his identification code number for customs clearance.
Value of the goods = €200
Import duty = (€200 – €150) x 10% = €5
VAT = (€200 - €150 + €5 (duty)) x 20% = €11
Customs payments will be: customs duty of €5 + VAT €11 = €16
The recipient must pay the customs duties when receiving the parcel at the branch, automated parcel locker or at the delivery address.
- How can I track my shipment
The parcel can be tracked using the Nova Post or Nova Poshta Global tracking using the international express waybill. Once the parcel cross the border, it will be assigned a new number and its transportation in Ukraine can be tracked in the Nova Post mobile application or Nova Post tracking.
- How does the recipient know that the parcel has arrived in Ukraine
The receiver will learn that the parcel has arrived at the branch or automated parcel locker through a standard notice from Nova Poshta by Viber, SMS or mobile application. When receiving at an address, the courier will contact the recipient.
- How will the recipient know that the parcel has arrived in Lithuania
The receiver will learn that the parcel has arrived at a branch through a standard notice from Nova Post by SMS or the mobile application. When receiving at an address, the courier will contact the recipient.
- What to do if the shipment is lost, delivered damaged or something is missing
You can receive compensation for damaged, partially or completely lost shipments.
To do this, you need to file a complaint with the branch operator orally or in writing.
You can also file a complaint electronically:
- 1Go to the shipment tracking
- 2Find the express waybill and go to its information
- 3Click the button in the information about the international EW: "Fill a complaint"
- 4Fill out the pop-up online form
The company's specialists will send a response to your complaint to the specified e-mail within 5 business days.