How to request a courier in Poland
- 2Fill out an application to request a courier:
- 2.1on the Nova Post website
- 2.2via the mobile application
- 2.3in the personal account
- 3Fill out an invoice that is the part the application form: describe the contents of the parcel and the estimated or market value of each item. If the actual value differs from the estimated one, the customs service may re-evaluate the value of the parcel and charge additional customs fees.
- 4Pay for the service online.
- 5Receive an email with the confirmation of the request, payment and courier arrival time.
- 6Hand a courier the packed parcel. The courier will print and stick a sticker on your box.
When the courier picks up the shipment
The parcels are picked up by couriers of the GLS partner company on weekdays from 8:00 to 17:00. The arrival time depends on the time of application:
- Time of applicationMon - Fri until 17:00Mon - Fri after 17:00
Sat - Sun
- When the courier arriveson the next business dayon the 2nd business day after the application is submitted
After submitting the application, you will receive the date of the courier's arrival to the specified e-mail.
After the courier picks up your shipment, you can track the delivery in Nova Post tracking.
- How to get an invoice for online payment
Send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify:
- 1Name of the organization
- 2Legal address of the organization
- 3IC, DIC
- 4Phone number
- 5Email address
- 6Payment information: shipment number, date and amount of payment
Invoice delivery time 1-3 days after sending the request.
Delivery options to Ukraine
- Parcel locker
To receive a parcel, you must have:
- 1express waybill number
- 2original passport of a citizen of Ukraine / foreign passport - or an access to phone number indicated in the express waybill
Which items are allowed
Which items are prohibited
What you need to know about customs clearance of a parcel in Ukraine
- Shipping cost: up to €150There are no additional custom fees
- Shipping cost: over €150import duty: 10% of the amount over €150
VAT: 20% of the parcel value (an amount over €150 + import duty)
An example of a calculation
The product costs €200. Customs fees include:
- 1import duty = (€200 - €150) x 10% = €5
- 2VAT = (€200 - €150 + €5) x 20% = €11
Total tax payable: €5 + €11 = €16
Examples of calculating the estimated value for parcels to Ukraine
Example 1I am sending my sister a jacket, a portable speaker and her driver's license. The jacket cost €50, the portable speaker €35. Total value is €85.
Customs fees will not be charged.
- I am sending clothes for sale to Ukraine. All the items are new. They have price tags and original packaging, but the total cost is less than €150.
Customs fees will not be charged.
- I am sending my daughter a whole suitcase of her personal belongings: dresses, sweaters, shoes, cosmetics. All things are personal, but their total value is more than €150. Customs fees will not be charged.
Who pays the services
- Delivery cost and additional servicesSender in Poland
- Customs feesReceiver in Ukraine
- How the parcel I hand to the courier for sending should look like
You should hand the courier the packed and closed box. Upon arrival at our warehouse, Nova Post employees check if the contents of the parcel do not contain prohibited items. In view of this, our employees have the right to open the packed parcel. The exception is items with original packaging.
- Why is it important to indicate the declared parcel value correctly
The amount of the declared value affects customs fees that may be charged after a parcel crosses the Ukrainian border. Therefore, the amount of the declared value must be equal to the market value of the parcel. If a customs officer finds that the indicated in the declaration value of the parcel is different from the real value, s/he can detain the parcel at the border, re-evaluate it and charge customs fees in accordance with market value.
- How does the recipient of the parcel pay customs fees in Ukraine
A representative of Nova poshta contacts the recipient using the indicated in the shipment form phone number or e-mail. The recipient must provide Nova poshta employee with:
- 1the scan or photo of the first and second pages of the passport or both sides of the ID card
- 2the scan or photo of the identification code for customs clearance
Customs fees must be paid before receiving the parcel at the branch, parcel locker or address.
- How will the recipient know that the parcel has arrived in Ukraine
Once parcel has arrived at a post office or parcel locker in Ukraine, the recipient will be notified via Viber, SMS, or the Nova Post mobile app. Upon receipt at the address, the recipient will be contacted by the courier.